|Title:||FIT Legacy Projects Comments|
|Submitted By:||William Masek|
FIT Legacy Projects Comments
1) Legacy Projects should include all applications at any stage that were submitted prior to the GEA announcement.
2) Legacy Projects should include both transmission-connected and distribution-connected projects.
3) Legacy Projects should be exempt from any form of security deposit as many if not all of the project developers have incurred large additional expenses in delays from the suspension of the RESOP program.
4) Legacy Projects (SolarPV) should be exempt from the 100MW regression plan as there are well over 500MW of shovel-ready projects awaiting the launch of the FIT program. Many of these projects would be well under construction had the RESOP program remained in place.
5) Implementation of the Regression Plan will not only eliminate all but the first 100MW of Solar PV projects in Legacy Status, it will also deter manufacturers from possible relocation to Ontario as they can service any small order from abroad.
6) The negative result from the implementation of the Regression Plan would be ZERO Job Creation in the manufacturing sector in Ontario.
7) Many Legacy Projects did not move forward during the RESOP suspension as too much uncertainty was injected into the renewable sector and any forward movement could have resulted in massive expenditures that proponents would be unable to recover.